Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Unhappiness with Macbook Pro

I've had my Macbook pro for about 100 days now--it is the 15" Core 2 Duo with upgraded 2gig ram. Here are my gripes:

1. Two hardware defects: The "F1" key is lower than all the other keys (probably just a $14 fix for the white backing to the key). The backlight of the LCD is partly broken and has a vertical dark strip in the middle and causes the laptop to buzz. This is fixed by turning on brightness to maximum and waiting 10 or so minutes.

2. My biggest gripe is that the bottom edge of the laptop case cuts into my wrist/arms and this really hurts. I have to use a wrist rest all the time--an no, this is not because of my posture or my chair being too low.

3. My laptop doesn't come out of sleep. After I login, I get a black dark screen so I have to put my laptop to sleep and try again.

4. The laptop runs really really slow. All the normal MSFT and Adobe programs run shit slow. My last laptop was a 1.4ghz Intel Centrino with 1.5g ram and it ran many programs faster. Another small gripe is that I like more tactile keys that press down more, but this is just more of a personal preference.

Ok, that's the end of my rant. There are definitely positives to using the Mac like installing programs is much easier than a PC, widget are great, etc.

Comments:
how does one change the username? i sent an email to the contact form but received no response.
 
can you please delete my account? username is putanginamo.com thanks
 
can you please delete my account? username is putanginamo.com thanks
 
can you please delete my account? username is putanginamo.com thanks
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?