Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm a New Apple Convert

I just got a new Apple Macbook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo this week to replace my old Sharp M4000 laptop (great Windows laptop btw). After just a few hours I can say that Macs ROCK!.

Some must download software for Mac users:

Adium - chatting
VLC - viewing media
Textmate - coding
Camino - browsing
iTerm - SSH
CocoaMySQL - GUI to mysql
Parallels Desktop - VM of Windows so I can test on IE
Toast 8 - creating and mounting ISO or data CDs
CoreDuo Fan Hack - bump you fan up to 3000 rpm to make your notebook cooler

Then of course the normal production software:
Office 2004 and Adobe CS2.

For web presentations I had to switch from GoToMeeting to GatheringPlace which supports Macs. GatheringPlace is also a cheaper :)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?