Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My New Sprint PPC-6700


I picked up the new Sprint PPC-6700 smartphone over the weekend. This phone has been reviewed quite a bit, so I'll just talk about my experiences.

Mobile Burn Review
Mobile Tech Review
PC Magazine Review

+Pros:
Awesome camera--much better than my Samsung A800 which is a 2MP cameraphone.
Battery recharge time is amazingly fast. I can get a full charge in a little over an hour.
My EVDO speeds are a consistent 400kbps!
I can talk on the phone and use WIFI at the same time.
Windows Mobile 5.0 is a big improvement over WM2003.


-Cons:
Backlit keys are hard to locate--next time backlight the entire key and not the letter.
Earpiece is not very loud even on highest setting (good luck hearing someone if you're at a noisy location) and the speakerphone has static.
Data use kills battery life.
Phone should have included Microsoft Voice Command.
Ships with ActiveSync v4.0 which needs to be updated to v4.1 to sync with Outlook.
Outlook Email and POP3 can't be integrated into a single mail account.
I can't remove "Get Biz Conn" and "Action Info" ads on the main screen.
Onscreen keyboard input won't stay closed on new screen with text input even after I close it--usability bug.


Comments:
I know a site that relates to free webmaster tools. I enjoyed reading your article and if you get a chance please check out this site: free webmaster tools
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?